JD Williams

Increasing basket conversion using programmatic mail

Background

JD Williams wanted to see if a new media channel could help improve their retargeting response rates.  Could physical mail deliver greater cut-through than email or banner ads?

Solution

JD Williams set up a trial with Paperplanes designed to deliver conclusive answers.  That meant including the following segments:

  • A control group, where abandoned basket customers were sent no follow up messaging.
  • A group where customers received the existing two follow up emails.
  • And finally a group where customers received both follow up emails plus an item of direct mail.

Results

For the final group, where Programmatic Mail complemented existing marketing channels, response rates increased overall by 6%.  Average order value increased by 8% overall.  Abandoned cart rates were reduced overall by 14% .

Download the guide for more detail on how JD Williams used Programmatic Mail to achieve these results.
 

Source: JD Williams

Keep up to date

Don’t miss out on the latest news, research and creative inspiration. We’ll let you know as soon as new guides, reports and other resources are available.

You must provide your first name
You must provide your last name

Royal Mail Group would like to keep in touch with you about our products, services and offers that might interest you. By clicking submit below you acknowledge that we may contact you by post, telephone, email and text message. If you DO NOT want to hear from us by any or all of these means, please tick the relevant box(es) below:

We may contact you by post
we may contact you by telephone
we may contact you by email
we may contact you by SMS
We may, on occasion, still need to send you important service messages. Royal Mail Group takes your privacy and security very seriously. For more details please read our Privacy Policy.